Teaching positive character traits helps students thrive in school, and develop into happier and more successful adults. Developing awareness of character traits and the role they play in determining success will help students become more mindful of how their actions help them or hurt them.
SHOWING RESPECT FOR YOURSELF MEANS:
- Working hard at school
- Setting goals for your life and working toward them
- Taking care of your body
- Not listening to people who put you down
SHOWING RESPECT FOR OTHERS MEANS:
- Using courteous language
- Behaving appropriately in class
- Returning what you borrow in good condition
- Listening without interrupting
QUESTIONS ABOUT RESPECT:
- How does it benefit you to show respect for others?
- How many times today have you shown respect for another person?
- In what ways can you show respect for the earth? Why is this important?
RESPECTFULLY YOURS …
- How does your style of dress show—or not show—respect?
- Look for three situations in which you can show respect for an elderly person. List those situations in your planner.
- Collect trash along the streets near your house. Does picking up other people’s trash make you feel differently about littering?
Describe a situation in which you showed respect this week:______________________________
Describe a situation in which someone showed respect for you this week:___________________
What can you do to gain more respect?
Enrich Your Classroom by adding topical supplements from Premier. Convenient, easily accessible resources for students to increase their learning on specific topics. Visit us at Premier.us.