Try a Frozen Yogurt Fruit Cup for an easy snack recipe during March this year, and join us in celebrating National Nutrition Month 2017!
Frozen Yogurt Fruit Cup
- 1 banana
- 8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 ounces frozen berries, thawed with juice
- 4 ounces crushed pineapple canned in natural juice, with juice
- Line 6 muffin-tin cups with paper baking cups.
- Dice or mash banana and place in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into muffin cups and freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, remove paper cups and let stand 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
68 calories 0.6 g fat 0.3 g saturated fat
2.5 mg cholesterol 32.2 mg sodium 2.5 g carbohydrate
14 g dietary fiber 2.8 g protein
Recipe provided courtesy of Eat Right Press, from Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens by Jodie Shield, MEd, RD and Mary Catherine Mullen, MS, RD. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
You can find more recipes for National Nutrition Month in the Recipe Handouts section of the website.
Need more easy snack recipes? Check out these resources!