As schools continue to tackle the learning inequities in this country, they are looking for more ways to create innovative learning opportunities for their students. In addition, technological skills in coding and using robotics are becoming more and more valuable. As a result, educators are looking to provide more opportunities to focus on computer science and robotics. Starting an after-school STEAM or robotics club is one great way to engage interested students, give them hands-on learning opportunities, and support their desire to learn!
After School Robotics Club Funding
When it comes to purchasing the tools and supplies for the robotics club, the budget is often a big hurdle. Luckily, there are places where educators can go to gather and request funding.
Using GoFundMe for Robotics & Coding Tools
- GoFundMe is an excellent crowdfunding resource for teachers trying something new with their students. Anyone can write up a request with information about the importance of their goal and how it will help students grow and learn.
- Community members and fellow educators from around the world can donate money to support the goal or project.
Research STEM/STEAM Education Grants
- There are STEM education grants available every year. When it comes to getting quality tools for robotics or coding after-school clubs, the effort can be well worth the reward.
- Grants of all sizes can support a robotics club – some are for teachers, while others focus on student involvement and extra-curricular programs.
Fundraising for After School Robotics Club
- Fundraising can be a challenge, but the more traditional community-oriented methods can still be an effective way to collect money to purchase supplies and get students involved.
- Here are just a few ways to reach out to the educators, parents, and community members in your area:
- Baked goods and group yard sales
- Hanging posters & flyers
- Speaking at community, parent, and educator groups and events
- Posting on social media platforms & via email
- Reach out to local businesses
Fun Learning Products for Robotics Clubs
While you’re working on raising funds to start an after-school robotics club, it’s essential to consider which coding and robotics tools would be the best fit for your students. Experiencing hands-on learning with some of the latest in educational technology can spark passion and excitement in students who may grow up to choose a career in robotics. In addition, these coding and robotics tools are loved by teachers because they are unique, learner-friendly, and fun. Students interested in learning about programming and coding will love programmable robots that allow them to create commands and see how they react.
Looking for accessories for your robotics program? Shop our website for products to enhance activities.
For 3½ years Naomi taught middle and high school content, plus an additional year teaching elementary content. She has taught physical education, multiple levels of math, and science, and has also worked in Product Development and Curriculum writing for four years. Naomi now holds an Oregon teaching license for pre-K through grade 12 health & physical education, plus a Saskatchewan Profession “A” Teaching License. She has presented at international, national, state, and local conferences.
Read more by Naomi Hartl–>