Who doesn’t love slime?! Watching it ooze is mesmerizing and handling it can be almost therapeutic.
Did you know you create your own with items found around the house or classroom? Here is a basic recipe from Elmer’s, the best part it is easily customizable to make it completely your own!
Elmer’s Glue Slime Recipe
- 1/2 TBSP of Baking Soda
- 1 TBSP of Contact Lens Solution
- 4 fl oz of Elmer’s White School Glue
- Your choice of food coloring
1. Find a bowl, cup, or plate to mix your slime in
2. Pour out the entire contents of a 4oz of Elmer’s School Glue into the bowl
3. Add 1/2 TBSP of Baking Soda and mix
4. After mixing, add your choice of food coloring
5. Mix and/or add more food coloring until you get the color you want
6. Add 1 TBSP of contact lens solution
7. Mix until slime forms and it begins to get harder to mix
8. Take the slime out and begin kneading with both of your hands
9. If needed, add 1/4 TBSP Contact Lens Solution to make the slime less sticky
Feel free to experiment with color combinations, add small sensory objects or glitter. Each batch can be completely unique and achieve different learning goals! Scientific method, fractions and math, color theory, or sensory stimulation, the options are endless.