Teacher Appreciation Day is right around the corner, and it’s a great time to show educators a little love. The first full week of May is Teacher Appreciation Week, and the Tuesday of that week is National Teacher Appreciation Day. Whether you have fellow teachers on your team who could use a boost, or you’re just feeling inspired to show appreciation to an educator, these gift ideas are a great place to start!
Themed Teacher Gift Kits
Educators tend to be planners and usually have all the bases covered, but a kit full of some extra necessities never hurts. Put together a cute and thoughtful collection of must-have products in these survival kits for teachers.
Winter Blues Survival Kit
Winter is a tough time of year for everyone, but the stress and pent-up energy in the classroom can leave educators feeling worn out. Prepare them for next year’s winter blues with a cute kit!
Teacher Appreciation Winter Blues Kit Ideas:
- Coffee shop gift card or mix for a warm drink to warm the heart
- A nice thermos or travel mug to keep a warm drink warm
- Mug warmer for the teacher’s desk space (who has time to drink their coffee before it gets cold?)
- Reusable, microwavable heating pad for cold classrooms and chilly days
- An extra pair of mittens for last-minute trips outside
- Twinkle lights to add some warmth to a teacher’s desk
- Unscented or mild-scented hand cream for dry winter hands
Stress Fighter Kit
Stressful days, weeks, and months are normal. For teachers who spend so much time giving themselves to others, any added stress can be draining. Give them a few relaxation tools and must-haves for the next time stress strikes.
Teacher Appreciation Stress Fighter Kit Ideas:
- A nice thermos or travel mug to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee
- Variety pack of relaxing herbal teas
- A pack of quality pens—because unreliable pins are stressors
- A pack of new whiteboard markers—see above
- Reusable, microwavable heating pad for some moments of calm
- A quality sleep mask to promote valuable rest time
Field Trip Must-Haves Kit
Field trips are one of the most memorable ways for students to learn and try new things. For teachers, it can feel a little overwhelming to try and prepare for any potential situation. Go through the list at the link below and pick a few teacher must-haves to gift for Teacher Appreciation Day!
Teacher Favorites Classroom Décor
When it comes to classroom décor, it’s often all about the students. However, Teacher Appreciation is a great opportunity to give teachers ways to decorate with their own favorites. Whether it’s a little plant on their desk or a favorite quote to hang on the wall, these gifts may inspire a style for their classroom space.
Not all classroom spaces have windows, and few teachers have time to worry about a finicky plant. However, there are options for some hearty and low-effort plants that help add a little living greenery to the classroom.
Easy-Care Indoor Plants for Teachers:
- Spider Plant (needs water every 1-2 days)
- Snake Plant (can go multiple days without water)
- Bamboo Palm (needs water once a week)
- Aloe (needs water every 3 weeks or so)
- Gerbera Daisy (needs daily watering)
- Pothos (only water when soil is dry)
Certificate for Guided Painting Class
If the educator you have in mind has a creative side, consider seeking out a local guided painting class (like Pinot’s Palette) and purchasing a certificate for them to participate. They’ll get to try something new, and their artwork can be the centerpiece or inspiration for their classroom space.
Cash for the Craft Store
Everyone loves a trip to the craft store. Fund your favorite teacher’s next visit with a gift card or certificate for Teacher Appreciation Week. They may even score a deal on some of their favorite teacher tools or must-haves!
More Teacher Appreciation Gift & Celebration Ideas
If you’re looking for more ways to celebrate and appreciate the teachers, head over to our Teacher Appreciation page or read one of the posts linked below. Get creative and brighten the day or week of hardworking teachers throughout Teacher Appreciation Week.